Good reasons to buy Topologi Professional Edition
Prevent cost blowouts
Create much more accurate project estimations using the Document Complexity Metric and Topologi's reporting and analytics tools.
Improve markup quality
Use the Lexical Analyser to index document sets, then find terms and verify that they are marked up as expected.
Eliminate problems at their source
State-of-the-art Schematron validation allows convenient enforcement of requirements for production environments using natural language assertions and XPaths not available through other types of schemas.
Better project management
Analytics tools allow better scoping, monitoring, auditing and verification of the on-going project; in addition, this toolset is invaluable for the ad-hoc diagnosis of valid but incorrect data that can cause system failure.
Prevent contract disputes with objective contract
Analytics tools provide instant, objective statements of the status of documents and document sets; contract requirements based on them provide certainty to both sides.
Greater ROI on your existing environment by
The editable Formatted Reports allows minor alteration of stylesheets by non-programmers.
Improve the efficiency of markup teams
Ultra-fast search and replace, full-keyboard shortcuts, efficient mouse-based markup, list and sort all occurrences of a search string or markup error, context-sensitive tree editing, WIKI-to-XML conversion. Also, the new editable Formatted Reports provide an appealing interface for adjusting stylesheets by non-technical users.
Edit large files (up to hundreds of megabytes) with full Unicode support in the Markup Editor, even non-well-formed files.
Reduce the reliance on gurus
Topologi supports Progressive Validation to allow a division of labour so that data-entry staff do not need to be XML experts.
Topologi Professional Edition helps industrial publishers create, maintain and manage XML, SGML and HTML documents, plus images, video, audio and Service-Oriented Architecture publishing systems
What is in the Topologi Professional Edition?
An environment analysis and production of XML documents, with full integration features and an integrated, high productivity editing environment.
Reports and Analytics
- Batch validate XML and SGML using DTD, Schematron, RELAX NG and XML Schemas
- Sample document sets and generate usage reports, usage schemas, and editor template files
- Lexical reporter for indexing and checking markup
- Search for files containing elements or attributes in context
- Better job estimation with Document Complexity Metrics
- DTD Trimmer removes unwanted fluff from large standard DTDs
Built-in Media Browser
- View all popular image, video, audio, music and animation formats**
- Batch validate JPEG and TIFF, including multi-page TIFF
- View JPEG, EXIF, GPS and IPTC metadata
- Simple connection and interaction with legacy and service-oriented
architectures, with trace window for debugging
- Java scriptability
- XSLT formatability
Plus Tree Editor for XML
- Context sensitive editing, derived from DTD
- Validate with DTD, Schematron, RELAX NG, XML Schema
- Associate with file extension
- Editable Formatted Reports
- QuickStart dialog allows instant generation of blank structures
- Simpler validation with convenient form-based configuration
- Automatic template creation from DTDs
- Tag-locking to reduce typos
- Auto-numbering for IDs
- Tells you the name of characters missing from the display font
- Highlight tags by prefix or start string
- XML 1.1 with Unicode 4 with surrogate support
- Supports even larger files with even faster load times
- Timer for Repetitive Strain Injury minimization
- Simple XQuery editing mode
- Use Topologi as a front end for your workflow, DBMS, web service or legacy systems.
Price: US$495.95 for Windows
Discount upgrade to existing users US$400
Topologi products support progressive validation: from basic red-circling of delimiter errors, to human-friendly Schematron validation messages, to powerful XML Schemas datatyping, you can tailor the validation to the capabilities and responsibilities of the staff involved at each stage of the publishing process without swamping them with detail or trivia.
As you would expect, the Professional Edition continues to support XML, HTML and SGML editing in an extensible, plug-in architecture. However the following improvements have been made to the core editor since the release of the previous version:
- large file support
- zero configuration for basic editing
- instant feedback on syntax
- fast search and replace (regular expressions)
- contextual searching
- whitespace manipulation for quality typesetting
- encoding and Unicode support: Euro, CJKV
- strengthened validation: Schematron, RELAX NG, XSD and DTD
- navigation: merge and sort multiple search results to create on-the-fly
- work even on invalid or non-well-formed files
Building on the Topologi Collaborative Markup Editor the Topologi Professional Edition 2.2 has these additional "editing" features:
- friendly tab-based interface and improved GUI
- Repetitive Strain Injury warning timer
- line locking to restrict area of interest
- "breadcrumb bar" file chooser
In addition, the Professional Edition has several substantial "non-editing" features. These include:
- Reporter - this service allows arbitrary XML document sets to be
sampled and reported on. Reports include: which elements and attributes
are used, in which context (XPath) they occur, and how many times the
Other uses for the Reporter include the generation of a usage schema that tests new files against the structure used in previous instances, the detection of rarely used structures to help simplify schemas, and the batch validation of multiple files from an easy-to-use interface.
- Lexical Analyser - this service provides a point and click interface
for indexing and querying XML document sets. Query and sort every word
in data sets, sample high-integrity document sets to create a dictionary,
find a term in a specific element, find a term not in a certain context.
For further information click here.
- File System Browser - provides for operations on multiple files for
actions such as search, search-in-context, search and replace, fix whitespace,
rename, validate, open file in editor at error location and more.
- Tree-Information Browser - provides a unified, XML-based tree view
of file systems, databases and web-service data. Navigation is seamless
between multiple data sources such as files, db columns, XML fragment.
For further information click here.