Select the files, press the button, and a new tab opens listing all the elements and attributes found, in which files, their parents, children, and position. The information can be drilled through in the tree on the left or viewed in the report in the window on the right. The green bars indicate how many files contain the element or attribute. Great for XSLT or stylesheet programmers. Useful for project size estimation.
Select the files, press the button, and a new tab opens listing the attributes and their frequency.
Select the files, press the button, and a new tab opens listing which start- or end-tags follow each start- or end-tag.
Select the files, press the button, and a new tab opens listing all the namespaces found in the documents.
Select the files, press the button, and a new tab opens listing XPaths for all the elements found in the documents. XSLT programmers can cut this, paste it into a Markup Editor or IDE, and use it as the basis for stylesheet templates.
Do you really know what is going on in your documents?
The XML Detective lets you examine the tags and contexts of documents.
XSLT programmers can escape the familiar rejection cycle from clients "You forgot this context" and move to a new world of client satisfaction.
The XML Detective will save you time and guarantee the quality of your data!
- Preview documents in many different text and image formats, including JPEG, TIFF, HTML and JPEG-2000
- Preview video, audio and animation (requires installation of Apple® QuickTime for Java)
- Convenient tabbed browser interface
- Bookmark frequent locations
- Print images
- Help tab
- Fast switching to other Topologi utilities
Who uses this and why?
- XSLT programmers: get to know the structure and contexts of elements
- Reference publishers (pharmaceutical)
- Project management
- Windows XP, 2000, NT.
- 128 Meg RAM.
- Recent Java (JRE 1.4.2, JRE 1.5).
The functionality of this tool is also integrated in the Topologi Professional Edition.