You can use the Validator just as a console for performing simple XSLT validations.
1. From the Validator, click on the Options button.
2. The Options box will appear, opened at the Configuration tab. Select one of the custom configurations, Custom 1 to Custom 4. and then click on the Settings button for it.
3. Now select the XSLT radio button from the "Configuration" section on the left. Add a comment in the comment field so that you will remember what this configuration is for.
4. Click on Save if you want this setting to be available in future sessions. Click on OK to accept the changes for this session and return to the Options box. If you want to exit without creating an XSLT setting, just click on Cancel.
5. You are now back at the Options box. Click on Save if you want this XSLT processing to be the default configuration for future sessions. Click on OK to accept the changes for this session and return to the Options box. If you want to exit without making XSLT the default configuration, just click on Cancel.
Now when you press Run in the main window, the data files will be processed against the XSLT script you have selected in the Select Schema or Script list.
The resulting text comes up as a list which can be viewed one at a time in the viewer. You can make minor edits to the text in the viewer, cut (using Ctrl-c) and paste (using Ctrl-v), print (using the Print button or Ctrl-p), and save (using the Save button Ctrl-s) each result.
Hint: If you want to see the results in the XML or HTML browser, select the Browser radio button in the "View" section of the "Settings" box.